Warning: This post might be partisan!
On this election night…my dinner. And even if this pizza design is not palatable to your political tastes, the crust recipe is still tasty.
Read more for the recipe:
1 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
3/4 cup 110 degree water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
pizza sauce – of your choice, as needed
shredded cheese – of your choice, as needed
toppings – of your choice, as needed
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; allow to rest for 8 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
3. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture and mix well with a heavy spoon.
4. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes.
5. Working from the edges to the center, press dough into a 12″ circle.
6. Place dough on a lightly greased pizza pan and stretch dough to edges.
7. Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and desired toppings (here it’s pepperoni for the red stripes and spinach for the field of “blue”. Substitute tomatoes or red peppers for pepperoni if you’re of the vegetarian persuasion.)
8. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.