I made macademia nut encrusted mahi mahi a little while back and bought some coconut to make the tropical fruit sauce/chutney that was to compliment the fish. However, you only need so much coconut for it, so what’s a girl to do with the leftovers?
Oh yes. MACAROOONS.
Quick, easy, and tasty. My kind of recipe. It was mixed, baked and coated in grated chocolate (which was once milk chocolate chips, but melted together into a hot, gooey blob in my cupboard during the hot summer, reformed into a solid blob in my fridge) while I watched tonight’s coverage of the Democratic National Convention.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted
Recipe from allrecipes.com.